Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing Sinewave on GLCD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hello

I have drawn a sinewave on a GLCD taking around 250 samples.

I am in need of some ideas to make this as animated (free running) sinewave display.
The general idea is that the sinewave should appear as moving with each new 250 samples.
I have thought about this in following way..

1)Take 250 samples and draw a frame on the LCD
2)Refresh the lcd or erase the current samples.
3)Take another 250 fresh samples
4)Draw the sinewave at a pixels offset from previous plot
5)The pixels which are blank (due to this offset) get the values which do not fit on screen and draw at t==0

Am i right??

Please provide valuable feedback

Thanks

From my experience with a 128x64 KS0108 display and a 18 series pic chip, you will only get about 25 frames per second. To do it quicker you will need a display with hardware scroll capability. You will have to scroll the display and then put the new reading on it.

Do you know which display you will use?

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back