Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC Bot- Arperture TOo Small

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
DRC Bot- Aperture TOo Small

I use OrCAD and the file ran through a DRC bot and it's coming back with the error message in the top layer that an apeture is too small, Apeture 39 to be exact. It is 0.001. THe problem is I can't seem to track it down. It says there are 4 of them and if I delete enough components to hunt it down, eventually it dissapears, but I can't track down which component it is coming from (if it is coming from a component at all?)

I'm not even sure what an aperture is exactly. It shows up in the table of apetures but I have no idea what they are.

Last edited:
An aperture comes from the fact that your board needs to be plotted with certain sized holes through which the exposure light comes. An aperture of 0.001" means that some area of the board is made up of 0.001" lines.

Most commonly this is a large area fill. If your design rules are 0.008" then a 0.001" aperture is pointless.

Depending on your design package, you can set the minimum aperture.

I did not run a script. However, most of the unused areas of my board do have a copper fill. None of my lines are less than 8 mils though, in fact the smallest line is at least 3 times that size I think. You're saying that there is some area on my board where the distance between traces is less than 8 mils and that is what is complaining about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back