Driving 12V from arduino

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioniC187

Hey guys,
I am trying to drive a relay from my arduino, and i cannot get it to work. Here is one of the circuits i have used:

I have tried using a 3904 aswell, even different base resistors, 10k, 1.2k.
Still the relay does not activate.
The coil is 325 Ohms.
Does anyone have a tested circuit that works?
Thanks

That should work fine - but 22K is too high, use 1K or 470 ohm (to ensure the transistor switches fully). It's also a good idea to add a resistor across BE of the transistor to help it switch OFF, but it will work fine without it.

If it's not working, then you're doing something wrong - such as connecting the transistor the wrong way - or have duff components.

Yeah, maybe the transistor is blown. I checked it on my multi meter though - was fine. I'll get some new ones just to make sure.
Thanks though, i'll use a 560 Ohm since i have like 2 million around here. What resistance should i put across the BE junction?

This circuit isn't just for the arduino. It's also for the latch circuit I was on about recently

Use the 1.2K you mentioned earlier.

Well, i got it working. Used 560 Ohm resistors. Circuit works great, i even hooked it up with my latch circuit, and the whole thing works great
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…