Dual Gang Pot with switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

boscoe

I need a 25k panel mount rotary potentiometer dual gang, switched when turned all one way so its off then turns if you know what i mean. In the UK if possible please. Thanks

Boscoe

Do you have a schematic?

It's almost certainly possible you can replace it with 22k or 20k but you may even be able to go lower to 10k.

Maplin sell 22k for cheaper than Farnell which is surprising.
**broken link removed**

EDIT:
Sorry I've just realised you need a switch as well.

Have you looked at wafer switches?

It's possible that you could fit the shaft through the wafer.

Last edited:
Thanks but i don't have the schematic the idea is all in my head at the moment. I'll have to look into that. I know you can get them all as one as I've got an amp i use with one on although that is mass produced.

They used to be a common standard component, stereo volume control with integral mains switch. However, they seem a bit sparse these days, why not use a separate switch, which is much preferred anyway.

A micro switch with a normally closed contacts (most have both) is another possibility.

Drill and tap a small hole in the flat part of the pot's shaft and insert a screw which rests against the micro switch when the pot' is in the off position.

Just another thought but, to save you tapping the hole, you could drill a plain hole and secure the screw with a nut and a washer at one end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…