Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dual Output Transformer : both parallel and series current.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I could make and informed decision thanks to you all. To say the least, this 18+9V business is over my head :)

I decided to replace the Alesis pre (the one needing 18V) with a M-audio dmp3, which needs the same 9VAc as the Art pres. Still 1A for 2 channels: no tubes in there, which is probably for the best...

I will take all your advisement into consideration, tracking ground loops and improving protection. At worst, in case I fail , the 2 Art pres will stay in the bag with their wall warts and the m-audio will have the 8A tranny for itself... Shouldn't run too hot :)

Thanks for your valued inputs.

Roger.

Hey all,

I could make an informed decision thanks to you all. To say the least, this 18+9V business is over my head :)

I decided to replace the Alesis pre (the one needing 18V) with a M-audio dmp3, which needs the same 9VAc as do the Art pres. Still 1A for 2 channels: no tubes in there, which is probably for the best... The 18V pre will serve as backup pre with different sound to have handy in the studio.

I'm doubtful about a dual tube pre at 68€ anyway...

Thanks for your valued inputs.

Roger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back