Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dual triphasic sinusoidal signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
After extensively googling I found no valid circuit to generate two sets of triphasic sinusoidal signals simulating the V of a genset and its load.

It should be able to change phase of I wrt V. Peak value 3 to 5 V is enough. I feel that something with shif registers would be the way to go. If ready made, would be better.

Taking signals from real life, is a no no in this case.

Thanks for suggestions.

What are you trying to do?

Why do you need a small three phase signal generator?

Is it just one frequency you're after, this could easilly be done using a simple oscillator connected to two RC networks each followed by an amplifier to compensate for the losses.

What I am trying to do is getting (I quote myself) a "valid circuit to generate two sets of triphasic sinusoidal signals simulating the V of a genset and its load"

I am look for a circuit to get that.

Please don't use confusing terminology such as "triphasic sinusoidal signals"; it doesn't make you look good.

I take it you mean, two three phase signals, so you must mean a six phase signal then.

What does "genset" mean?

Do you mean generator?

Are you building a miniture low voltage three phase power supply to experiment with?

Please be more specific, please give details like voltage, current, etc.

atferrari said:
After extensively googling I found no valid circuit to generate two sets of triphasic sinusoidal signals simulating the V of a genset and its load.

It should be able to change phase of I wrt V. Peak value 3 to 5 V is enough. I feel that something with shif registers would be the way to go. If ready made, would be better.

Taking signals from real life, is a no no in this case.

Thanks for suggestions.

Since you want to change the relationship between the phase of the current vs. the voltage (I wrt V), that may prove to be more challenging than just creating a "triphasic sinusoidal signals simulating the V of a genset and its load". A triphasic sinusoid can be generated using digital synthesis. You can use a simple lookup table eprom and a DAC with a counter driving the whole scheme. What is this ultimately driving? Will there be a complex load (LCR)? That will impact the current / voltage phase etc.

I need to test equipment dedicated to AC parameters measurements, basically V & I. That's why I want to simulate both.

Sure I want to go the digital way. I would be able to control frequency and phase of I wrt I. After other similar suggestions I started to consider a DDS based design. One simulating monophasic V & I, works already very well.

Regarding

"it doesn't make you look good"

I don't know what to say. Wierd to say the least...

Sorry, I've noticed you location is Argentina. Perhapps it's just me but I've never heard of "triphasic signals" before, to me triphasic means three-phases, so triphasic signals must be three signals out of phase with eachother, hence three phase; is this correct?

Hope I can make myself more clear, now.

I need two signal generators:

1 - Working both in the same frequency. When changed, both change at the same time.

2 - Each one with three outputs, 120º apart.

3 - One generator to simulate the output of the current transformers sensing the V in each pahse of a three phase generator.

The other would simulate the output of the current transformers sensing the I taken by the load from each phase.

4 - Phase difference between V and I signals able to be progressively altered from "lagging" to "following".

In the trade, genset is a quite common name given for AC generators.

Yes, my English is not good. I know that, much to my regret.
Let's say three phase.

One frequency or adjustable.

If it's just one frequency then that should be easy, if you do some research you'll find that a simple CR circuit causes a phase **** but the voltage also drops which can easilly be overcome by adding an amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back