Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dusk light timer 12v

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickspanner

Hi all,

I am a complete newby and have not done anyform of electronics since at school, and that was many years ago.

I am trying to design a circuit and it may have already been done before, it is on the basis of a solar garden light but I want to time its duration it is on, for example 2hours after the dusk sensor has triggered it.

I am intending to use a 12v car battery and some 4w led lights.

I would presume I need a relay to operate the on off switch for the lights and the supply to this unit would be done using a timed supply that would run off the 12v car battery once activated by the dusk sensor.

Am I on the right tracks? Has this been done before and someone can point me in the direction of a previously completed design/project.

Cheers

Dickspanner

I have no idea where in the world you are, so very hard to recommend a vendor.
But, if you Google: cellotptik .....they are all over the place.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back