Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

Hi,
I've been using Eagle for the layout of my projects for years, but the problem is always with me. In the layout editor, the pads are usually green in color. When I print it out in black and white, I found that the pads are in grey and the tracks are in black. The grey color can pass though the UV light partially. So is there any setting can be done to make it to be completely dark?

Thanks

bananasiong said:
?? What black and solid boxes??
FILE>PRINT brings up the dialog box shown in the attachment.

EAGLE
Easily Applicable Graphical Layout Editor

Version 4.16r1 for Windows

Light Edition

Attachments

• print.png
    print.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Oh god, I never notice them. Actually my friend reminded me that the layout I printed out is not solid dark, I didn't care about that too. Usually I just print as default.
So after checking these boxes I will be able to get solid black?

Hi in eagle SCHEMATIC when I place a PIC microcontroller or some component its pin arrangement is set to default.

Is there any method to EDIT the component (the microcontroller) pins according to our choices?

Suraj143 said:
Hi in eagle SCHEMATIC when I place a PIC microcontroller or some component its pin arrangement is set to default.

Is there any method to EDIT the component (the microcontroller) pins according to our choices?

Yes. You can edit the part so the pins are arranged any way you desire.

There are tutorials out there on how to modify and create parts.

When you start making custom parts it is best to create a new library that is part of the project you are working on.

Oh I see then I will try to download a tutorial & work it out.
Is there is a specific button or an icon to edit the part after placing on the screen?

Suraj143 said:
Oh I see then I will try to download a tutorial & work it out.
Is there is a specific button or an icon to edit the part after placing on the screen?

I wish it were that simple.

Work on a tutorial or two. If you run into trouble post the link to the tutorial and what the problem is and I will be glad to help.

Hi,
I have an IC, FT245BL, in LQFP32 package. But I found that the layout of LQFP32 type IC is different with the IC I have. The leads of the IC in Eagle is longer, so the distance from each pin to another is closer. While the leads of the IC I have are shorter. I couldn't find any other layout for LQFP32 type IC in layout anymore, there is only one.

Hi! i have a design on eagle and when i'm exporting the PCB layout
into image it gets bigger than it should be the IC pins are magnified and it is useless to print it...how do i export my PCB layout in real size?

thank you! :)

How much too big is it. Like just a little or 2 or 4 times larger?

If you are going to print the board yourself do not export the image. Just print it from the board editor. The print dialog box allows you to adjust the size of the image in case the printer is off a bit.

If you want to export it so others can print it that is different.
When you export the image you are allowed to select the DPI of the image. When the DPI of the exported image matches that used by the printer printing it you should get a correct image.

Worst case you can scale the image in a picture editor like Panit Shop Pro.

3v0 said:
How much too big is it. Like just a little or 2 or 4 times larger?

If you want to export it so others can print it that is different.
When you export the image you are allowed to select the DPI of the image. When the DPI of the exported image matches that used by the printer printing it you should get a correct image.

Worst case you can scale the image in a picture editor like Panit Shop Pro.

it is quite big... i tryed to scale it from Paint Shop Pro already! :) and it should be about 287x256 pixels....but Eagle exports it 437x335 and the option to change the resolution is not available! also i tryed to scale it down by reducing the board window of Eagle and then take a screen shoot... but unfortunately the PCB layout it gets a little deformed.

how do i match the DPI so i get a correct PCB layout?

Hi,
Can't you print it directly from Eagle? The actual size will be printed out without any extra setting needed.

Can you install PDF Creator and print to PDF within Eagle once the software is installed? It should make a PDF file you can take elsewhere and print out to the correct size. Never done this in Eagle but it works this way in PADS, which is what we use at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back