Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine has done this before, but I forgot how did he do that. These are what I remember:
Set the dpi to 300, black and white while exporting it to the picture file.
Then use either MS Paint or XP photo printer to print out and select paper size of A4.

speakerguy79 said:
Can you install PDF Creator and print to PDF within Eagle once the software is installed? It should make a PDF file you can take elsewhere and print out to the correct size. Never done this in Eagle but it works this way in PADS, which is what we use at work.

This would be my choice if you do not have a printer and the following does not work.

how do i match the DPI so i get a correct PCB layout?

In the Export Image dialog box allows you to set the resolution of the image in DPI. It ranges from 50 to over 1024 DPI. You set this to match the printer you are going to use and you should have what you need. But some printers are off on the X or Y axis and this does not give you a way to fix that. The first option does.

Some

speakerguy79 said:
Can you install PDF Creator and print to PDF within Eagle once the software is installed? It should make a PDF file you can take elsewhere and print out to the correct size. Never done this in Eagle but it works this way in PADS, which is what we use at work.

i think you solved my problem!!! :D :D :D

i printed it as PDF and it looks right in size... i sticked a transparency
to my computer screen and it looks ok! although i pin of the IC is not
aligned with the transparency i use to test the size. :rolleyes:

speakerguy79 said:
1 pin is off? That's weird. Could you explain more?

no it's ok now! the PDF creator saved me!! :D
now a second question...how do i remove the components from the PCB
layout so can only see the board i'm going to print?

whiz115 said:
..how do i remove the components from the PCB
layout so can only see the board i'm going to print?

DISPLAY
The click none to deslect everything
Then click what you want to see
for the top: top pads vias maybe dimension
for the bottom: bottom pads vias maybe dimension

That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back