Easiest Way to Controll Motors via PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjaguar13

I need to connect something to my computer and when the signal is sent, electric motors are switched on until another switch turns them off. This is going to be run in Windows XP. Accessing a parallel port directly is probably going to be a bit harder than I want it to be. Is there an easier way to send the signal, maybe a kit or something?

you can use parallel port using the libraries available in the net (search for inpout32) or you can use serial port and a micro for better control.

You need a microcontroller, some sort of level shifter- a MAX232 chip is the best but people also use a few simple discrete components, a power supply for the motor, and a drive transistor- bipolar or mosfet- to switch the motor on and off.

How about a simple single input ON-OF switch, driving a MOS-FET (pref a logic type cause that type is fully open at 5V) like IRL530? I've seen a switch like that in electronics shop. It's made with a 4011 IC and few ext components (so u might find a schematic...just google it). It costs like 1.5$ (just the small PCB).

Last edited:
U can modify this switch https://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/touch.htm
And how about using the serial port? U'l get the voltage supply for the circuit too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…