Easy Transistor Not Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretagent

Hi guys, I've been messing around on this simple thing and it doesn't work.
What I want is a circuit that uses minimal transistors at 5volt to take the input and invert it but what I want is a double inverter like so

y=input
x=out1
z=out2

y=1 then x=0 and z=1
y=0 then x=1 and z=0

so basically a switch with one wire if its off one is on and if its on then the other goes...

I'd really appreciate the help

At the risk of stating to obvious,how about as per the attachment?

JimB

X is super dim on an led... I'm going to try amplifying it, it is enough power to turn on a transistor.

EDIT:

It did not work
Any Idea on getting solid 5 volt out of it?

Last edited:
Instead of playing serial guessing games, and adding new conditions and limitations at every itteration, why don't you just tell what it is you really want to do instead of some half baked idea of how you think it may work?

Then you may get a workable solution.

JimB

I have it working, The microcontroller wasnt giving enough current so I needed to make a transistor driver for the not gate and then amplify the output so your diagram was the correct not gate I just wasnt supplying sufficient current. Thankyou

I have it working, The microcontroller wasnt giving enough current so I needed to make a transistor driver for the not gate and then amplify the output so your diagram was the correct not gate I just wasnt supplying sufficient current. Thankyou
Most microcontrollers can source 25mA. What kind are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…