Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric fence remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pommie said:
My electric fence tester consists of a front door type key held firmly between thumb and first finger touched lightly on the fence. The large contact area between key and body and the loose connection from key to fence reduce the shock to a tingle.

I was once packing an electric fence away (25m net, with integral posts), picking each post up in turn into my arms to produce a neat, easy to redeploy bundle.
I backed into another fence (still energised) and got a right 'crack' on my calf muscle and up both arms (trailing all that netting behind me formed a good earth into the lush grass) - the whole lot went into the air! ... and I'm used to getting shocks from the fences.

... ... ... still, it proved the energiser was OK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back