Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrical Shock!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hank Fletcher said:
I have some wet sponges and a car battery. Come over and take your shirt off and we'll see if you're right. Maybe you meant lethal shock, but even then, I hope you don't have a pacemaker.
Well the lowest voltage I've ever been shocked by is about 28V and that was only because I had damp and swaety hands.

Increasing the surface area doesn't always increase the shock if the current is limited to such a low level (although I know this isn't the case with a car battery). Try sparking a piezo igniter on your fingers and you'l feel the shock, then hold a metal object like a spoon and spark it onto it, you won't feel anything because the current path has been split between so many nerves that the current flow though each nerve will be so low that it won't respond to the current.

Under normal conditions a car battery will not shock you. You'll only ever feel anything if the skin is broken or if you sit naked on a wet metal stool with your feet in salt water and the stool is one electrode and the water is another.

I've isolate my 220Vac from main rail voltage with transformer to do my project safely, but it makes me improper and 300Vdc shocked me through my right hand at this night.
I've shocked many times, and still alive till now.
Just be careful. Hrhrh, it's still felt on my hand.

Hank Fletcher said:
I don't think I implied that it did, did I?
I didn't say you did, I was making a separate point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back