Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrolux Induction

liutauras

Hello,
Now Electrolux Induction cook-top is turned OFF.
I used Screwdriver/voltage indicator 100-250VAC and i see that tester lamp is ON with any metal pot placed on it.
Is cook-top incorrect installed? Maybe wires problem?
Please help.
Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20241008_124518.jpg
    IMG_20241008_124518.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
The pot is likely picking up mains frequency interference capacitatively.

Am I supposed to feel like a very gentle electric shock (i dont know how to describe this sensation) when i gently brushing the side of the pot? It is very minimal. So it is why i decided to use the tester because of this.
If i place a pot on desk i dont feel the same effect to my hand.

You may be feeling static build-up on the hob's ceramic top.
Unless the induction hob has a mechanical switch to isolate its electronics from the mains supply, it is possible that the 'Off' switch just puts the hob into a standby state, so mains voltage could still be present near the pot.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back