Electronic part store in Lexington, KY ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdg8934

I moved to Somerset, KY about a year and a half ago for a job transfer from Bel Air, MD. Somerset is a very rural area but growing. The nearest city is a little over an hour north being Lexington, KY. Lexington is where I go to buy consumer electronics such as Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. The best we have in Somerset is a super Walmart and Office Depot.

I am trying to find an electronics store for buying parts. Since I have been living here, I have had to settle with online purchasing which is good but there is nothing like holding the part in your hand to visualize the design better. Most of my work is for micro-controller hobby level interests using the Parallax SX-28 or Basic Stamp 2 (although I may be starting to learn PICs in the near future). We do have a Radio Shack that my son works at so I can get the employee discount but I really want to find an electronics store. I have searched Google for Lexington on Electronic part or supply stores many times and have not turned up with anything substantial. I am looking for a place like Unicorn Electronics or something that sells parts like JimPak (if you know what I mean). I have not had any probably finding these stores in the past until I came to KY.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can verify if indeed there actually is not any electronic part stores in KY (that would be hard to believe)?

Thanks for the quick reply. I called them and they are a walk in store but only open Monday to Friday so a Saturday visit would be out of the question for a store far away like them.

PS: I usually order from Jameco too but lately been using www.futurelec.com (Thailand - great prices) and unique items.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
You may want to try a electronic surplus store such as:
**broken link removed**

They sell surplus parts for super low prices, that way if you accidently mess up a order, it isnt going to ruin you financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…