Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniper007

What's your favourite electronic simulator? I uses multisim but have often problems with them first of oscillators. What you suggest which is the best one ?

LTSpice, it has a bit of a learning curve but it's free and full featured Spice simulator. It's worth learning how to use.

What's your favourite electronic simulator? I uses multisim but have often problems with them first of oscillators. What you suggest which is the best one ?
With most simulators, you can get an LC oscillator to start by setting an initial condition (.IC) such as a voltage across a capacitor or the current through an inductor. Some experimentation is required to get good settling to steady-state.
Another technique is to set up a small PWL current through the inductor which goes abruptly to zero shortly after the sim starts.
An balky RC multivibrator can also be started with a non-zero initial condition on a capacitor.

I've been playing with Multisim myself, its a pretty good simulator that can be changed to be ideal or realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back