Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic video player

Status
Not open for further replies.

farlepet

I got this video player that played a Fidelity Investments ad in the mail, and i soldered a usb port on it. there was a video file on it, i deleted it and i forgot what the file extension was. Would anyone know? or is there a manual? Here are some pics:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

The colored wires at the top of the image are for the USB port.

Sorry for the bad quality pictures.

Probably mpeg2, or mpeg4. What is the info on those two chips on the top, one of them is probably going to be the AV codec which will tell you what files it supports. If the device was hard coded to play a single file then you may be out of luck if you don't recall the original file name/format.

Last edited:
Top Chip:
GC2011
H37428

Bottom chip:
(all i can read is 1104 and PF122 AF)

And i tried mpeg4, but now i will try mpeg2.
and i think it con play multiple videos, because the origional one was named something like *0.* so it may be able to play a few, although it only has 90MB of memory.

None of those numbers give any information on Google. Do you have an eye loupe to read details on the chips? There's really not a lot to go with.

I don't have one, i used to have a magnifying glass, but i cant find it. But i found that the GC2011 is a Digital Filter Chip. I will try finding the magnifying glass though. And i cant find the bottom chips part # though, the # goes right through the logo.

Last edited:
I picked up a 10X eye loupe for like 3 bucks ages ago. That and a good flashlight are probably the best investment you can make for identifying chips =) Especially on SMD stuff. Many a part number I've transposed with my naked eye only to find D's were 0's or O's S's that were 5's and I's or L's that looked much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back