Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Energymeter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeshan

hi, I'm doing Prepaid Energymeter project.
1'st step is to design energymeter.
For that Kwatt-hour is to be calculated.
What should be minimum limit of current above which time calculation should be started?
Secondly I'm using 8051 controller. I may use it's variant also.
What will be ideal clock frequency to use?
Can u tell me any basic tutorial on 8051, how to use ADC, multiplication etc..

Shantanu.

prepaid energymeter

This is for one of the posts regarding prepaid energymeter.The idea is pretty good. Well in india majority use electromechanical meter. You need not make a whole new meter and making currently used meter prepaid isnt much of a challenge. Meter constant is usually 750 i.e 750 revolutions/KWh. All we need is to count these revolutions. Now how do you go about counting these revolutions????:confused: Well aluminium disc used has a small hole to avoid "creeping"....there you go...you can employ some circuit say a photodiode circuit(photo transistor is a better alternative)to count no. of revolutions....whenever light falls on photo transistor via this hole, current in circuit changes which can be registered in a MUP with the help of peripherals such as ADC and 8255. Data sheets are the BEST reference for the peripherals.Any further improvements and suggestions ...please DO BOTHER ME....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back