Equiv. for a BD243C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

things

Hi all,
I am building another circuit to drive a flyback transformer, but this one will be used to play MUSIC through the arc. The circuit calls for a BD243C or equiv. MOSFET. I searched on the jaycar for that part number, and turned up no results. The rest of the stuff in the circuit i can get locally, but the one MOSFET has got me stumped. Anyone know any equivalent MOSFET's? The circuit i am building is here https://tacashi.tripod.com/elctrncs/555sstc/555sstc.gif

As you can see it is very simple. Simple specs for the MOSFET are that it has to be able to handle about 12V @ around 4A into a short of 3 or 4 turns of wire. I will be mounting it on a heatsink if it is needed. Thanks for the help

Searched for it on jaycar, and i got a result! TIP41C NPN Transistor

Silicon TypeType Mat Case Diss Vcb Ic Hfe Hfe @25C BiasTIP41C NPN TO-220 65W 100V 6A 30 3A

Seems ok to me, is that the one you are talking about?

Just had a look on the site with the circuit diagram, here is what it has to meet up to:
Bipolar NPN transistor : BD243C
Casing : TO220
Max. collector current : 6 Amperes
Max. total power : 65 Watts, while case is at 25 degrees Celsius
Transition frequency : 3 MHz
hFE (current gain) : 30 at 300mA (minimum value

Sorry for the double post. All the specs look like they match, apart from the Transistion frequency. Does anyone know what the transistion frequency for the TIP41C transistor is?

The transiston frequency (gain-bandwidth product) for a TIP41 is a minimum of 3MHz.

Use a power MOSFET, select an ultra sonic frequency (I'd suggest 40kHz minimum and PWM it with the music you want to play.

Obviousy don't expect good sound quality.

Hero999 said:
Use a power MOSFET, select an ultra sonic frequency (I'd suggest 40kHz minimum and PWM it with the music you want to play.

Obviousy don't expect good sound quality.
The sound from the arc was demo'd and it sounds horrible. A buzzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…