Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Filtering digital data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey.
I want to filter digital data. for example: I have an analog signal. with A/D I convert it to degital one. Now I have in PC list of numbers that represent analog signal.
I want to write a program (in C or visual C) for LPF,HPF,BPF,BSF.
does someone know how can I do it?

Thanks ahead

this is something you'd cover in a DSP course. I don't know how much luck you'd have trying to pick it up from scratch in a short period of time...

but you might start by reading about FIR/IIR filters:
https://www.dspguru.com/info/faqs/firfaq.htm
**broken link removed**

You might be able to implement filtering without much real knowledge of how things work, if you just use design software to design your filters. The first FAQ I linked has some links to software you can use.

All you really need to do for actually implementing the filter is feeding in your input data one sample at a time to a buffer, and doing some simple math with the filter constant arrays. It's certainly possible, even easy, to do on a computer in C, in the DSP course I took a few years ago we did just that, using the sound card for signal input and output.

What is the frequency and bandwidth of the signal you're supposed to sample?

That's nothing, an MCU can do that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back