Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Find frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

bristol188

Help please How can I determin the freq. that a radio is reciving on? It is a ex
CB style, I do not want to transmit with it. I think it has been modifyed to pick up a none CB freq. It just shows CB channel numbers, and the channel I am reciving the communications on just shows 7. I know it is not a CB channel.
I am trying to tune anther radio to recive the same comms. (scanner)
Thanks to all.

bristol188 said:
Help please How can I determin the freq. that a radio is reciving on? It is a ex
CB style, I do not want to transmit with it. I think it has been modifyed to pick up a none CB freq. It just shows CB channel numbers, and the channel I am reciving the communications on just shows 7. I know it is not a CB channel.
I am trying to tune anther radio to recive the same comms. (scanner)
Thanks to all.

Well a simple way, if you have access to a RF signal generator, is to sweep the bands until you hear the generator in the receiver. I've got a nice vintage HP 8601A sweep generator that works great for such tasks, covers 100khz to 110 mhz.

Lefty

Leftyretro said:
covers 100khz to 110 mhz.
I think you mean 100MHz.

CB equipment is often modified for what I think is called "freeband" - look here for a US description: https://cmdxgroup.tripod.com/fr-freeband.html

CB equipment has been modified by ama radio operators for the 10 meter amateur bands. If they were amateur radio operators you might listen for their call and contact them (look up calls on QRZ.COM) and ask what frequency they were on (most log time, freuquency, other station, etc).

There certainly are other possibilities however this might help if you don't have a good signal generator available.

Keep trying

:D Thanks for that everybody. I will try to loan a sig. gen. or take it to one. It's funny because I had a HP S/G given to me about 12 months age, very old, all valve (tube) not a sign of a PCB just a diode or two. 99% compete. I took it to the local flea market and got AU25 Dollars. I didn't know if it worked. Ah well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back