Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Find your passion early

Status
Not open for further replies.
, it is the willingness to push oneself beyond pain. :)

Well I agree, I just took a nice long hike for the first time in months; oh and I was surprised I could barely make it up the rocky mountain(which I have conquered easily before), but I kept going. Now I have a really sore back and knees, but it was worth the good exercise. :)

The 'stream' there in the park was just a little trickle before, but now it is like 4ft deep, and it was gushing fast. And after almost 72 hr. of constant rain, we are going to get some more tomorrow, hope there is no flooding :S

With a bit of hard work comes stronger muscles and a stronger heart. :)

-Ben

Final update, I graduated from the Fire Academy today :) So one last pic. I would like to post other pics but I must observe other classmates right to privacy...
Now all I need is to get hired...

BTW pic below is a type 3 engines (We call apparatus) The big engines are type 1.
CNF stands for Cleavland National Forest.

Attachments

• E46.jpg
    E46.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Well done Mike, I'm very happy with your efforts and I'm sure it will put a big smile on your face when you get the job,

Cheers Bryan

Hi Mike,
A well done from me too.!!:)

Eric

Do firemen get chased by the ladies over there as well?, I don't know if it's the uniforms but over here firemen are very attractive to the female population.

Well, ever since I attended EMT (Emergency Medical Tech)class, Fire academy, and 9 months of job rejection letters, I finally landed a job:) with a privately contracted fire/rescue agency. Just spent the last 5 days in a intensive confined space rescue course. If your wondering what that is all about, here is a you tube link to give you some idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWZ7gaZ8izU

Attached is an image of one of our ambulance rescue rigs. Our fire rigs are off site right now getting retrofitted so I can't send a pic of one.

It is official, I now can call myself a fire/rescue/EMT.

**broken link removed**ambu2.jpg

**broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi Mike,
Well done and well deserved, glad you held the dream.:D

Regards
Eric

On March 27th 2011 Mike wrote:
Now all I need is to get hired...

Well here we are a short 8 months later with the dream realized. Congratulations Mike on hanging in there.

Now personally when a disaster strikes myself and most people choose to begin to distance themselves from the disaster, not fire and rescue, then choose to run towards it. I think all you guys need professional help. :)

Congratulations again and glad you are doing what you really wanted to do!

Ron

hi Mike,
Well done and well deserved, glad you held the dream.:D

Regards
Eric
Thanks Eric, nice of you to say...

Well here we are a short 8 months later with the dream realized. Congratulations Mike on hanging in there.

Now personally when a disaster strikes myself and most people choose to begin to distance themselves from the disaster, not fire and rescue, then choose to run towards it. I think all you guys need professional help. :)

Congratulations again and glad you are doing what you really wanted to do!
Thanks Ron, you know what they say, "Only difference between a kid and a firefighter is the size of their Apparatus" :)

Just to clarify Apparatus is what we call a fire engine...

Last edited:
I spent the day today running low angle rescue drills up in the mountains of San Diego. It was pretty cool. Here is a pic of one of the fire rigs at the station I was at.

lagunafire.jpg

Well. after much training and some hard work, I made it folks. I am mike and I carry a badge :)

View attachment 60333

Thanks to Eric for adding my badge number to my Avatar. Cool touch :)

Around this time a year ago, I was doing pushups and getting yelled at by my instructors in the Fire academy. It is really neat to see it pay off. This thread sorta documents my whole journey...

Last edited:
Ahh, but you're just getting started! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back