firmware mod of Panasonic BL-C131A P/T IP Camera. Anyone with experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcamp973

Hello! I have a personal pet project I'd like to try. I have a Panasonic BL-C131A pan/tilt IP camera that i use to watch my new dog (he has separation anxiety). Anyway, the web based user interface for the camera is crap. I'd like to tweak it. I'm a web developer so that part is easy...however, i need to get to the code That part has me stumped. Anyone ever worked with this camera or something similar?

I'm assuming i'd use telnet or something similar to connect to the serial interface (via ethernet)?

Even if there was a way to update the firmware which is by no means clear. You would still be faced with a boatload of problems. What processor are they using? Do you have or can you get development tools? How about debugging tools or an emulator? How will you donwload your code to the device? What documentation do you have access to? Without answers to these questions I fear your project will be short lived.

Lastly -- I've never seen open source firmware. Most companies guard their firmware like the family jewels and set the lock bits on programmed parts so folks can't dump the contents for the purpose of reverse engineering the product. If any company was crazy enough to do this they'd be quickly out of business. I'd be willing to wager large sums that the folks at Panasonic are not about to let civilians monkey with their firmware.

Last edited:
everything you need is here

There are many cgi, html and ActiveX examples at Panasonic's web site to help you do what you want.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…