Fixed voltage output device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikelectro

Size should not exceed -
200 inch cube( example- 8" x 5" x 5" or 10" x 5" x 4")

Input Voltage (AC) - 180V to 260V
Input frequency - 47Hz to 60 Hz

Output Voltage requirement (AC) - 230V to 235V

(Should not less than 228V and not greater than 238V at any condition)

Output frequency - Same as input (frequency regulation not required) Maximum Power requirement - 70 Watt

have any idea how can i proceed in that matter... I was thinking of servo trans. and CVT but the first one does not meet the size and the latter does not meet the constant voltage out put......

Years ago I took a Variable Transformer, removed the know, added a little motor and feedback. If the output voltage got off by 4% the motor turned the transformer until the error was <1%. Probably a bad idea but it worked for years.

Years ago I took a Variable Transformer, removed the know, added a little motor and feedback. If the output voltage got off by 4% the motor turned the transformer until the error was <1%. Probably a bad idea but it worked for years.

I don't know, it sounds suitably sneaky!

How much Sine Wave Distortion are you willing to take?

A high voltage AC can be clipped using a Thyristor and the output smoothened by a LC tank.

If you have a 70 W, 230/80 Volt transformer , you can add the transformer o/p voltage to the input and clip the wave to get the required output.

Ramesh

i have thought about CVT earlier, but does it can maintain the output when the input voltage is about 240V. can it give 235V when the input may vary between 190V to 240V????

Many, many years ago we used to run two small cable TV systems, one was 405 only (BBC1 and ITV) the other was 405/625 (so BBC1/BBC2/ITV in colour, as well as the two 405 channels, with the UHF down-converted to VHF).

The equipment, and particularly the repeaters, was almost all valve (only the down converters were transistor) - and in the months after fitting it all (luckily before my time) they had HUGE problems and continually had to go round adjusting the gains of the repeaters (which was done with small 3 pin plug-in attenuators). Eventually they decided the problems were due to mains voltage variations, and Volstab CVT's were fitted on all the repeaters - and this completely cured the problems.

So while I've no idea on the input range and degree of stabilisation, I can say they are EXTREMELY effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…