Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flip Flo JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertbabe2006

Hello Im trying to do a Digital Watch with JK Flip Flop. it has to go from 0-59.

This is what I have so far the First one works and counts 0-5 but I dont know how to do the rest?

Please help thank you

Attachments

• Counter.JPG
    Counter.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 170
is there a specific reason why you are using FFs for this? You could use a 4-bit counter for each digit. AND the right combination of bits and feed into the resets to get the roll over from 59 to 0 (or 23 to 0 or 12 to 1 ) as well as increment the next segment (roll over seconds, increment minutes and so on).

If you have to use FFs, look at the datasheet for a BCD counter and emulate the logic there. The cd4518 is a pretty simple one. https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/05/cd4518b.pdf

Of course, the best way to do this is to use a microcontroller. the uC and some drivers are all that's needed,

Flip Flop Jk

Thanks for you response. the reason Im doing with this is because I was asked to do it with Flip Flop JK. As you see in the design the way it is the first segment goes from 0-5, but what I wan to do is that the seconde segment could go from 0-9 an after that increment the first segment in one. So it woul stop in 59. 0-59:)

robertbabe2006 said:
Thanks for you response. the reason Im doing with this is because I was asked to do it with Flip Flop JK. As you see in the design the way it is the first segment goes from 0-5, but what I wan to do is that the seconde segment could go from 0-9 an after that increment the first segment in one. So it woul stop in 59. 0-59:)

Oh, so its for a class. like I said, look at the counter's datasheet. if you can't figure it from there, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back