flowchart layout enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

It makes great commercial sense - it brings the cost of the printers right down! - because of Windows Printers you can now buy colour lasers for considerably less than black/white ones used to cost. In the old days 'real' printers cost a LOT of money, and you often had to upgrade the memory if you wanted to print a full page graphic on them!.

Hero999 said:
I suppose so, but I would never buy one, not unless it has Linux drivers at least.

Obviously something you would need to check for, they normally provide Windows and Mac drivers - and isn't the new Mac based on Linux?.

You beat me to the response. yes. that is totally correct. I just bought a canon printer for $99. Fantastic graphics and it has individual ink tanks for easier refilling. It make no sense to embed a graphics engine + ram + fonts in the printer when the PC can do it.

The real crime, er business model, is the cost of ink cartridges and the crap that some companies do to prevent refilling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…