Fly-by-Wire or Power-by-Wire detailed schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlatham266

I'm new to this site, but I am trying to find a relatively simple set of schematics for a build it yourself fly-by-wire or power-by-wire type system. It would be used (in theory) for the controls of a hovercraft to replace the bulky cable controls.

I am actually working on this for both a school project and because my dad wants them for the hovercraft he hasn't started building yet I understand the theory of operation, but it is a big undertaking. I don't plan on using a full flight control computer or anything that complicated (my programming skills suck).

Any ideas or points in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated!!

You need to familiarise yourself with servo systems. Try Googling for tutorials about that.

I read that Wiki articles and a bunch of others to go with it. I don't need a control system that is as complex and redundant as the ones described in that article. The controls required on a hovercraft are much less complex than what is required for a large aircraft.

I plan on focusing (to start with) on the control for pitch and yaw. I have located several websites that contain schematics for building flight simulator cockpits for the home user. I'm pretty sure I can redesign the circuits so they can be used for real world applications. I'm still in the pre-design planning phase, and am more than anything trying to figure out if it is a realistic project to finish in an 8 week semester. I don't have much time to decide, so it may be a "Go big or go home" scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…