Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh0therside

I have recently been designing a PCB in ExpressPCB for **broken link removed** circuit that I plan to make myself. Since it is my first time designing a PCB, I wanted to see if there was anything I should improve upon or change in my design. My main concerns include keeping the planes to save etchant, the locations of the two coils, and the trace paths. Thanks for looking.

Design picture and ExpressPCB file:
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• FM Transmitter.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by a moderator:
The regulator U1 isn't wired correctly and is in the wrong location.

Wow, that was a pretty stupid mistake. I had bridged two connections in my schematic that were only connected by the regulator. Thanks for helping.

Your ImageShack link has a Trojan Virus, says Norton. Why post your work over there and not post it here?

Where are you going to get trimmer capacitors the same small size and shape as ceramic caps? I was lucky to find the tiny ones I used.

audioguru said:
Your ImageShack link has a Trojan Virus, says Norton.
Probably a false alarm, it worked for me. Damn I hate anti-virus it's probably one of the worst methods of securing your PC!

I can assure you that the imageshack picture is not a trojan, and I wanted to have a thumbnail picture visible instead of simply hosting it. I used those symbols for the variable capacitors because I was not sure which exact size I was going to use. However, I moved around some of the other components and now each of the variable capacitors has a lot of space around it so that I try other things if it doesn't fit. I will probably use the Sprague-Goodman variable capacitors, the 25V 4.5-50pF cap is only .18" long.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/07/661.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back