Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan123

Is there a simple but yet powerful FM transmitter that I can build? I'd like it to have a 2-4 mile range and to allow me to change the frequency from 88-108mhz. Thanks for any help.

Have you checked if what you are trying to do is LEGAL in your country?

88 - 108 Mhz is the FM radio band in a lot of places and the authorities would not look kindly on somebody causing interference there.

Hi,

I can't help you with the 88 - 108Mhz frequency range.
But if you would like to go to a much higher frequency 5.8 - 5.9GHz, you could get a much further transmittal distance as well, have a look at.
ADF7025 - Analog Devices
ADF7012 - Analog Devices
ADF4016 - Analog Devices

All used in conjunction with each other. you can transfer baisically any type of data or voice.

You could also have a look at
TRF6900 - Texas Instruments.
still not within the frequency range but worth a look.

you might want to include an FM modulator with the TI chip to lower to those required frequencies.
But i can assure you it will be near impossible to get a 2 - 4 mile range in that frequency range. you would need at least a 50W transmitter, depending on your area as well, there are many factors contributing to the power required.

Regards
David

correction

sorry :?

50W infact would not be required to transmitt that distance.
If you used the Analog devices IC's in conjuction, 1Watt of transmittal power would get you about 10-15kms (6-9miles). the analog devices IC's provide that amount of power. if you wanted to amplify if further you also could if you like.

Thanks
David

Wellll....

Maybe I exagerated in the range, I'd like a 1-2mile range, 2-4 was a little off. Therefore, can anyone give me a schematic of a transmitter that I could build, I'd like to use it as a neighborhood radio station. Thanks! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back