Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

for use on mppt contrller

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeE1959

can you connect a 24 vdc 200w solar panel in series with a 12 vdc 200w solar panel to get a 36 vdc system

Others may disagree, but I'd venture a tentative yes - but your current limit will be that of the 24 volt panel, ie half that of the 12 volt one. What's a mppt controller?

I have 12 12v 51w panels
3 12v 210w panels
and 3 24v 235w panels

54 12v batteries

and a 12v 5000w inverter

any Ideas on what I could do to get the best use of all.

Thinking about 75 amp MPPT controller if I can find out how to connect evrything with out burning down the house.

MPPT contoller lets you put a larger dc input in and get a 13.5 - 13.8 vdc out

Solar cells have a sweet point where they output max power. This point is not at max voltage or max current but max wattage. With a MPPT controller the cells will see a load that is just right at this moment.

On the other side of things the batteries have requirements. The controller will keep the batteries form being over charges.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_power_point_tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back