Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency dependency of an inverting amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MORE TO BANDWIDTH
Although fu (GBP) and gain play a major role in determining bandwidth, there's more to it. Slew rate and heavy loading can cut into your bandwidth. Slew rate would not only make an interesting design topic, but a challenging simulation topic as well. Its on the list of future topics.

END_LINK_QUOTE

An once again we can see that slew rate must play an important part in determining the usefulness of an op amp.
Yes, I was never questioning the importance of slew rate is determining the useful bandwidth of an op amp. I completely agree with you on that. I was just correcting a common misconception about the theoretical small-signal bandwidth versus gain for an inverting amp.

Hello again Carl,

Oh ok, if that is what you wish to do.

Whenever someone asks me about bandwidth i try to remember to include a simple discussion of the effect on BW with slew rate because i know that plays a big role too. What else is interesting is a find data sheets that calculate bandwidth as GBW/G and they dont mention slew rate either but yet their circuits pass the slew rate max freq test. It's like they know about it but they dont bother to mention it. That gives the reader the impression that slew rate doesnt matter or even doesnt exist at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back