Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency in a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianmay27

so i posted a while back about a project which used a 555 switch... i finished it thanks to the help of **broken link removed**

however im useing a 10 :mu:F capasitor and both resisters are 2.7K :eek:hm:so that should be a .03 fire and a .01 down. however im looking at it through my ossiliscope and i see it being as a 30 mill sec fire and a 50 mill sec down time. but when i use it for what im doing it seems much faster then that.

can someone help me out. i dont know what it is. my ossiliscope is working and it is calabrated but i dont know whats going on.

thanks

This is where the link took me:
**broken link removed**
There are LOTs of other circuits on the page and I'm sure the one above is not it. Do you mean this one:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Well, if you make C1 = 10uF, R1 = 2700:eek:hm: and R2 = 1500:eek:hm: then you'll get pretty close to 30ms high and 10ms low out of pin 3 of the 555 using the astable circuit I posted above. Also put a capacitor across the power supply pins of the 555. 0.1uf should do it.
Remember that electrolytics have very loose tolerances (In the -20 to +100% range) so that might be why your timing is a bit off. To get something more exact, you can use this circuit which allows you to control the ON and OFF times independently:

Attachments

• 555.GIF
    555.GIF
    6 KB · Views: 112
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back