Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Sensor to Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Folks,

I have a dielectric sensor which is basically nothing more than a variable frequency oscillator. The frequency changes depending on the sensors state..

Based on my initial testing, the frequency range is from 40-50khz at 5v. My goal is to take this signal and turn it into a 0-5 volt output which can be used by many transducer systems.

I have researched online and found many ICs online (see list below) that perform this frequency to voltage conversion, but perhaps you folks can guide me in the correct direction to accomplish what I need maybe there is another easier way..

LM2907
VFC32
XR4151
TC9400

Thanks,
Pete

Last edited:
Is there a question there?

Few of us are likely familiar with those devices so it would involve looking at all the data sheets and try to determine which best fits your requirements. Since few of us likely have the time (or inclination) to do that you may have to do that yourself. Look at all the data sheets and see which ones seem to best fit you needs. It's grunt work, but that's a part of design. If you have a question about a particular part, then someone can likely help you with that if you post it here. Good luck.

I would take a different route.

I would use the frequency to drive a monstable with a constant pulse width.
I would then integrate the pulses with a simple RC low pass filter, and then use a few OP-AMPs to scale the output of the integrator to the requred analogue range.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back