from 3v ac to get 15v dc without using transfarmator

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafri

hi ı want to get 15v dc from 3v ac witout using transformator with using only capacitor,diode and resistor how can ı obtain this?

Use a Cockcroft-Walton type voltage multiplier.

Last edited:
thanks, but ı cant do it with ISIS ı get out of voltage 0.0 do u have any sheamatic?

ı have a problem using cockcroft-Walton type voltage multiplier at ISIS my output voltage is 0.0 dc

ı have a problem using cockcroft-Walton type voltage multiplier at ISIS my output voltage is 0.0 dc?_ how can ı simulate it ?

You need to simulate in a Spice analog simulator such as the free LTspice from Linear Technology.

How much power do you need at 15 VDC?

The capacitor and rectifier based voltage multiplier wont produce more than a few tens of milliamps with such a low input voltage.

ı know but ı just want to multiply 3v(peak) ac to 15 v dc ı try it at ISIS but ı couldnt succeed it if u have a sheamatic of this circuıt please contact with me.

ı try ıt at ısıs and ı get output voltage around 2.39 but ı cant raıse the voltage at 15v ı ll try to send my sheamatic. please check it ı couldnt found the problem.

It works ok according to this LTSpice sim....

Last edited:
thanks for your reply but ı don't understand something. why we use 100nF or why we dont use 1pF or1mF?

If you use a high frequency, 100n capacitors can be used.

How mcuh current do you want?

As I said, the simplest is a transistor and inductor.
You will be able to get about 20mA @ 15v.

ok ı see but how can u decide it when u give 1khz and u must apply on circuit 100nF so, how to decide numerical analysis of this circuit and for lower current

Last edited:
its my sheamatic

ı set up up the circuit at input sin is 1v output is 5v at 1khz and all the capacitors are 1nF. ı find 1nf with trying the circuit but ı want to make numerical analysis how can ı do it?

ı want to microamps? and ı want to calculate the empedance of above circuit how can ı calculate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…