Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few Linux PIC tools, if you look at http://www.piclist.com there are some links there. However, Linux support if VERY! limited, and none from MicroChip of course.

Personally I never bother with ICSP, it makes your target circuit more complicated or limited - it's easy enough to unplug the PIC from a ZIF socket on the programmer, and place it in a socket on the target board. To facilitate this I fit all my working PIC's with turned pin sockets, this prevents any damage, and makes then very easy to get in and out of the target socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back