Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fu.... solder iron

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one in this link is the WESD51 which is the digital version and a nice unit. At Digikey I am seeing a price of about $133.40 USD. The WES51 (less the D) is the analog version. I see that for $96.21. I have a few Weller systems and the WESD51 is a nice unit for the money.

Ron

but it doesnt say this unit is temperatur controlled? Is that because you control it yourself? And what is to prefer?

The picture suggests it's temperature controlled - look at the knob.
**broken link removed**

I's Weller too, this must be too good to be true.:D

so now the hard part :) this stupid picture show me USA pin for 110v (or what they use) and I use 230v :( help me (clearly I am very lazy and acting like someone you would feel pitty for).

and help

thanks

Yes, it's US which means you'll need a transformer and have to put up with the temperature being in °F.

I've found a cheap transformer but it's only rated to 45W. You might be able to get away with using it to power the 50W soldering iron because it won't be on continuously but it might not be worth risking it.
**broken link removed**

Yes, it's US which means you'll need a transformer and have to put up with the temperature being in °F.

I've found a cheap transformer but it's only rated to 45W. You might be able to get away with using it to power the 50W soldering iron because it won't be on continuously but it might not be worth risking it.
**broken link removed**

thanks

Since they sell these solder irons in denmark and from a dnsih homepage, Ill ask them first if it really comes with american plug:) Either way, it would be worth the money to buy the solder iron and a transformer.

Last edited:
I's Weller too, this must be too good to be true.

It is too good to be true. Something is amuck here with the pricing, I don't get it?

The units can display in degrees F or C and they should make a 240 volt version. Maybe the price is wrong or the price may be for the PES51 pencil. Generally the station comes as Hero pictured it. The WESD51 with a PES51 pencil. I can see the PES51 costing about $27 but the kit as shown should cost around $135 to $145 USD. I don't get it. Hell, if I could get them for $27 I'll take several for starters.

Ron

Last edited:
I checked the currency conversion is correct.

The text says it's the station, perhaps that just means that it's the transformer and temperature control module?

Even so it's still good vale.

Perhaps they made a mistake with the currency conversion?

I'd buy it in the hope they've made a mistake and if it turns out it's the whole thing, buy a load, put them on ebay and make a huge profit. :D

I checked the currency conversion is correct.

The text says it's the station, perhaps that just means that it's the transformer and temperature control module?

Even so it's still good vale.

Perhaps they made a mistake with the currency conversion?

I'd buy it in the hope they've made a mistake and if it turns out it's the whole thing, buy a load, put them on ebay and make a huge profit. :D

I say go for it and see what happens!
Ron

Last edited:
The Weller WTCPT is the temperature-controlled one that I have had for 45 years.

I found out that if you order the Weller solder iron, you get to another page where it change the price to euro. Therefore it cost 130 euro. It is a mistake on the page that it is on danish and no value is given. Ofcourse I would think it was danish kr, but it is euro

That makes sense, it sounded to good to be to true. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back