Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Geek Gardening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi LG; In reading some of your post, I get the impression that your into Biology. Biology, and Electronics Engineering AKA Bio-Engineering is a very good field to get into and high paying. Well I only told you that to tell you this (and to give credence to what I say). Back when I was taking some of the required courses for a bio-eng degree at San Diego State Uni, Botany (along with Zoology, yawn) was one of the required courses. One of the required books was Botany for Gardners 2nd Ed. By Brian Capon, very good book, and very relevant to what your working on. While Googling I see Amazon has 3rd ed for $19.00 USD. I recommend you grab this book. I also noticed a pdf of the book online, but I do not support taking illegal copyrighted material so I won't put that link down. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Thats cool cheers! Yes Bio engineering is something that interests me, my chemistry and bio chemistry is much stronger than my electronics.

Chemistry is cool (if you like pipettes and stuff), but around here, unless you have a phD, you will be relegated to the task of lab tech. EE allows you to hold higher pay jobs with 4 year degree. At SDSU, the Bio-eng degree was a 5 yr program where EE is 4 yr.

That is a really OLD way to get worms, especially used for fishing bait.
I did this over 50 years ago.
But just using Two Probes, about 4 feet apart.
One connected to Neutral and the other one to the Hot wire.

If the ground is too dry, put a sprinkler on it for awhile, before setting it up with the probes.

Why not just lay a carbon fiber pole against a overhead HV line while standing on a rubber mat and be done with it?:cool:

If I understand your sarcasm, would not the rubber mat insulate you thus negating the HV zap?

If I understand your sarcasm, would not the rubber mat insulate you thus negating the HV zap?
Who said I was being sarcastic??? :D. I have a wormery so the worms are superior anyway :D (or so my marketing says).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back