Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Geforce 5900FX shows blue lines trough image...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exo

...And when playing around with the card (bending it, pushing the GPU,...)
they dissapear/come back.

I think its an adress line between the GPU and a memory chip that has developed a bad connection, thus showing a pattern of blue pixels on the positions where that adress line is needed.

What i wanted to ask, does any1 have some original, last hope, methods to try and repair such a thing, like putting it in the oven or something :lol:

I know i shouldn't get my hopes up but maybe, just maybe, some nut has tried something really insane and it worked :wink:

If it is a bad solder joint on an IC you would be able to fix it by simply resoldering it or try re-reflowing it like you suggested before! :lol:

If it is a bad trace and it is on an internal layer, you are pretty much SOL.

Either way tracking it down will not be fun!

Got it to work :D ...

A geforce 5900FX is "sandwiched" between 2 heatsinks held together with plastic clips

I replaced the clips with screws and tightened (spelled right?) real hard so the sink really presses the chips down hard...

and it works :)
For how long is another question, i hope long enough :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back