Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating 5V power from 3.3V powered PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that you could drive the LCD from 3.3V.

I suggest you add a resistor of about 330R in series with any I/O that can be an output on the LCD. I think that just means the data lines.

The resistors would mean that the full 5V would only give about 5 ma so the clamping diodes on the PIC wouldn't be damaged.

You might just rely on the LCD not having any outputs if the R/W line is left on Write.

Yes, I will tie R/W line to Write only, so I will need 6 lines: 4 data and 2 control
I am not sure if I use 6 resistors or HCT541 - probably about same cost and PCB space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back