Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good AM Demodulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhyhxx

Hi friends,

Kindly help me in making this project. I need any possible requirements (circuits and thoeries) in making a good am demodulator.

Thank you in advance.
Belated Merry Cristmas and advance Happy New Year!!!

XXHYHXX

Have you done a simple Google searchfor "am demodulator"? There is a lot of information available, **broken link removed** for example. Note that there are several types of demodulators discussed on successive pages.
Also, search for "synchronous AM demodulator ".

Hi xxhyhxx,

A good demod -- active type can be realised by NE612, MC1496(this uses lot of components) and you may use ring modulator as demod.

Try any of them

All the best.

What frequency are you using?

SSB, DSB?

how about a simple diode detector?

Nigel Goodwin said:
How about a piece of galena crystal and a fine metal wire?.
LOL! That's how I got started in electronics, circa 1955. It is an AM demodulator (if you find a sensitive spot), but good??? :D

Conventional envolope detection by germanium diode like europian OA79,etc or japanese 1N34A and a post detection filter is OK but as our member has to do a project, he may perhaps aim something else. Ofcourse, he could also go for a transistor active detector.

Last edited:
Hi,

the site mentioned by Ron H is really good. after almost a gap of 40 yeras i recollect fondly, FOSTER-SEELEY discriminator.. Thanks you Ron H sir

Also, we recollect the razor blade and wire pieces acting as detectors (perhaps same as quoted by Nigel --may be those used to have some coating)

Last edited:
Nigel Goodwin said:
I got started in 1955 as well! - but not in Electonics! :D :D :D

Sorry Nigel I have to ask, was that birth or puberty :D

To keep with the thread, keep it simple if a basic detector is needed and that comes back to the good old germanium diode. Works better than a coherer :p
Les

Top Cap said:
Sorry Nigel I have to ask, was that birth or puberty :D

Watford isn't that far away you know! :D :D :D

To keep with the thread, keep it simple if a basic detector is needed and that comes back to the good old germanium diode. Works better than a coherer :p
Les

Now that's getting TOO old, at least a galena crystal and cats whisker is a semiconductor device - essentially the same as a germanium diode?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back