Good AM Demodulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxhyhxx

Hi friends,

Kindly help me in making this project. I need any possible requirements (circuits and thoeries) in making a good am demodulator.

Thank you in advance.
Belated Merry Cristmas and advance Happy New Year!!!

XXHYHXX

Have you done a simple Google searchfor "am demodulator"? There is a lot of information available, **broken link removed** for example. Note that there are several types of demodulators discussed on successive pages.
Also, search for "synchronous AM demodulator ".

Hi xxhyhxx,

A good demod -- active type can be realised by NE612, MC1496(this uses lot of components) and you may use ring modulator as demod.

Try any of them

All the best.

Nigel Goodwin said:
How about a piece of galena crystal and a fine metal wire?.
LOL! That's how I got started in electronics, circa 1955. It is an AM demodulator (if you find a sensitive spot), but good???

Conventional envolope detection by germanium diode like europian OA79,etc or japanese 1N34A and a post detection filter is OK but as our member has to do a project, he may perhaps aim something else. Ofcourse, he could also go for a transistor active detector.

Last edited:
Hi,

the site mentioned by Ron H is really good. after almost a gap of 40 yeras i recollect fondly, FOSTER-SEELEY discriminator.. Thanks you Ron H sir

Also, we recollect the razor blade and wire pieces acting as detectors (perhaps same as quoted by Nigel --may be those used to have some coating)

Last edited:
Ron H said:
LOL! That's how I got started in electronics, circa 1955. It is an AM demodulator (if you find a sensitive spot), but good???

I got started in 1955 as well! - but not in Electonics!

Nigel Goodwin said:
I got started in 1955 as well! - but not in Electonics!

Sorry Nigel I have to ask, was that birth or puberty

To keep with the thread, keep it simple if a basic detector is needed and that comes back to the good old germanium diode. Works better than a coherer
Les

Top Cap said:
Sorry Nigel I have to ask, was that birth or puberty

Watford isn't that far away you know!

To keep with the thread, keep it simple if a basic detector is needed and that comes back to the good old germanium diode. Works better than a coherer
Les

Now that's getting TOO old, at least a galena crystal and cats whisker is a semiconductor device - essentially the same as a germanium diode?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…