Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good career path

Status
Not open for further replies.
go wide in your education is my advise
you will be able to swich to several disaplines (jobs) much easyer
if you're technical than concentrate your self on the technical things but don't underestimate the other parts they are importand also for a later stage of your life and also your social life (friends girlfriends sportmates)
if you're the top one technician on the age of 30 and you can't talk annything else as your technical expertice you know for sure your stuck on that road for the rest of your career (not a problem if you know now that you don't want to change at all) but if you know that now you don't ask this question what you should study

i studied mechanics finish it and jumped to electrical study took a job in electronics from there I went in to mechanical /electrical overhaul job
did study in the evening sales and management and started working as a technical salesman
from there i jumped to a project management company and worked as a Mechanical/electrical supervisor /coordinator on big building projects
I just took up a job and i am happy working in it as technical manager in a plumbing company (top management)
it's for this moment the right job but not the end of my career
i am controling projects from bidding /negotiating to completion stage,reviewing designs and jump on other projects as trouble shooter on technical/management iseus
the projects are high profile and are verry challenging (banks embassies hospital hotels)

one thing you should defenitly do is picking up languages
your lucky that your native tongue is english
for the technical jobs you don't need france (in fact anny europene language is not necesary for when you hitting the workfloor) everybody in those countrys do speak english (except france than):D
chinese is defenetly a must have (and do the writing to)
once you have the begining of that korean and japanese are fairly similair and handy

the way i did look it when i had to make the choice of specializing myself or not

if you want to make a lot of money in the technical jobs you have to be the nr 1, 2, 3 of your expertice, if you're nr 4 you earn average :(

if you're nr 15 on 4 different diseplines they pay you the same as the top dogs but you can switch much easyer from job becaus the pool where you fishing in is much healthier

good luck with your decision

Robert-Jan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back