Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Good Non-conductive clear resin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraftingMaster

I am replacing the housing on my USB drive as a personal side project. I've had many ideas, one of which being that I make it out of a clear resin that I form around the guts of the uSB with a cast.

I need a clear resin, that is non conductive. Any ideas?

You can pick this up at a craft store for like $15-$20 with hardener, the brand this link show in the pictures. Also, there are website on how to move the guts from a USB thumb drive.

You could try that new coloured modelling clay that women use to make beads and figurines etc, you work it like modelling clay and it sets to hard on application of a low oven heat. I've seen instructables where people made funny USB drives using it.

Very funny Brownout. I have searched google. I can't seem to find any info on wether acrylic resin is conductive or not.

Last edited:
...........I have searched google. I can't seem to find any info on wether acrylic resin is conductive or not.
Virtually all plastics and resins not designed to be conductive are very good insulators. You have to deliberately add significant quantity of conductive material, such as carbon or silver, to such materials to make them even partially conductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back