Greetings. A pic controlled traffic light circuit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiley

Well, first of all, hello everyone, first post .

I'm building a four way traffic light system (I have searched, don't worry )
So, what I want to do is use a 16F84 Pic. Programming...well I'm ok with that, I don't see that as being a big problem, I'm using MPLAB to practice some basic coding.

I have searched the internet, and also around here and I have found there are not many traffic light circuits with a PIC, although there are alot with a 555 and 4017, they are pretty much all the same.

So, does anyone know where I can get the circuit I am looking for? I mean, I need it to be 4 way, I've seen a circuit with just 1 light, and therefore one sequence;

Red>Amber>Green>Amber *Loop*
Is it just a case of me having to adapt it myself? I can't simulate on multisim and until my college order the parts I want, I have no way of modifying the circuit and making sure it works.

So please, if you have any circuit's that use a PIC or any advice on what I should do, it would be much appriciated.

It's a standard school/college PIC project, there must be thousands of them about?. However, I don't advise you use the long obselete 16F84, at least use the chip that replaced it last century, the 16F628 - which has an internal oscillator, generally a higher spec, and is cheaper as well.

It's really a pretty trivial project though - for a start work out how many output channels you need.

Oh sorry, that was what I meant to type, just for my log book I compared the two so the 16F84 is still on my mind.

And yeah, I'm in college but I really couldn't find a clear circuit, maybe I need to search harder.

Thanks for reply anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…