Ground connections for L293D

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozgur84

Hello again,

Nowadays, I am designing a stepper motor controler for usunig with arduino. I have a L293D H-Bridge and a 4wire stepper motor. Datasheet is here

I want to use arduino for PWM and I found some projects on internet such as:
https://raawbot.wordpress.com/2009/10/28/motor-control-with-arduino-and-l293/

But in this example project they used the same ground for both logic input and motor supply. I checked the datasheet by myself but it was quite complicated to decide....

Does anyone has an idea which ground pin is for logic and which is for motor suply?

Regards,
Özgür

hi,
For the logic input signals to control the L293 there must be a common ground [0v] for both the logic and the motor supply.

Attachments

• AAesp10.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 289
hi,
For the logic input signals to control the L293 there must be a common ground [0v] for both the logic and the motor supply.

Hi Eric and thanks for your answer.

Let me double check what I understood from your answer. I will connect the GND or (the negative pole) of logic supply voltage source to the negative pole of the motor power supply together with GND pins of L293D. Am I correct?

I am not an electronic engineer, that's why i can confuse myself with basics easily...

hi,
Look at this image for the LM293D

Actually there is not a negative/minus supply on this LM293, the neg/minus of the power supply is referred to as 0V or Ground.

Attachments

• AAesp12.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 257
hi,
Look at this image for the LM293D

Actually there is not a negative/minus supply on this LM293, the neg/minus of the power supply is referred to as 0V or Ground.

Thanks a lot! This was a perfect reply! Now I am sure about the connections. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…