Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guidance on resonant freq scanning circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not exactly sure if the inductance change could be specified that precisely.
I would say the inductance change would be quite random.
limiting the range of inductance range

So the search algorithm would involve. . .
triggering a search if the off-resonance condition is detected within a certain tolerance and
searching down to a low limit and
searching up to a high limit and
if resonance is not reestablished, outputting an error signal.

If you want to stay in the analog domain, implementing this algorithm could be tricky.

An eight-to-one change in resonant frequency requires a huge 64-to-1 change in inductance, unless the series capacitance is also changing. How do you intend to change the inductance over that range?

I was planning on keeping the load very light on the secondary winding by PWM. I am realizing that this is more challenging than I first thought, but I will keep looking. Thanks

Chad

What is your understanding of inductance? And, as I said before, how do you plan to vary it?

I plan on varying it by by controlling how much current I am pulling out of the secondary winding around that inductor. It is basically going to be acting like a transformer. What I have seen as I have played with resonance circuits is that when I put a resistor on the secondary of the inductor in the tank the resonance frequency changes. So that is all I am trying to do. I am just trying to find out a way to easily track the resonance frequency. I know I can do it manually but I was wondering if I can do it automatically. It is looking extremely hard from what I am hearing and what I have read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back