Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Halo MA5B Assault Rifle Ammo Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeterb

Hey guys, I'm a member of a forum that deals with creation of replica armors of different Genres, but mostly the Halo universe. One of the things they like to recreate is the MA5B Assault rifle. I know you can find kits that can do the same as the circuit I'm thinking about. It has to count down from 60 when the trigger is pulled and reset when either a button is pressed when you remove and replace the magazine. Some ideas please. I'm not asking for schematic diagrams but if you have an idea, feel free to post it here.

I'd go with the method that makes it easiest to get the reading out onto an LCD display. Whether it be a microcontroller or a counter LCD where you just feed it pulses and it decreases the counter. SO I'd start looking at displays first.

Last edited:
Of course almost any microcontroller could do this.

That's what I was thinking of myself. But right now my programming skills are s*&#, and I'm still a big time Noob when it comes to designing circuits, plus I'm gonna show some of the circuit Ideas to the 405th's members for review.

I would suggest a 28 pin 18F series PIC
Here's why
Direct drive with resistors a pair of seven segment displays. No flicker and very easy to program compared to muxing displays. A simple to use free Swordfish BASIC SE compiler. Add 4 AA NiMH cells and you won't need a regulator. Couple of buttons and your done.

Sounds good. I forgot to mention that the Ammo Counter on the MA5B Assault rifle is triangular in shape.

I don't know the exact dimensions of the MA5B's ammo counter but I did find an image to help give clues in how to make the counter. I know it's not the best image, but its all i could find on a short notice.

Attachments

• assaultriflecounterjx9.jpg
    assaultriflecounterjx9.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
If that whole blue thing has to be an LCD you're pretty much out of look. It'd be much easier to get a small 2-digit LCD and hide the rest behind a piece of triangular plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back