Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Haloween costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
We have a Haloween costume party coming up this year and the 'theme' is animated charactors. I'm looking for something appropriatly geeky but still recognizable to the masses. I'm thinkin Tron right now, though I haven't a clue how to approach costume construction. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Maybe this will be of assistance:
**broken link removed**

Personally, I'd probably go with something else, Tron has been done before.

ever seen 'dexter's laborotory' ?
That show rocks!

In that vein, how about Mojojo or one of the Power Puff Girls (even better if you're going as a trio or quartet)?

I always thought the Scarecrow from the Batman animated series was one of the coolest characters, and it'd be easy to make the costume look good and scary.

You could go as an emoticon - some of them are literally animated characters.

Last edited:
Nice one Marks, but definitly on the obscure side for my crowd. Also hard to work into a real costume, after posting this I'm shying away from Tron, because of the truly horrible photo's I've seen of people that've tried. (try google images)
I'm trying to rack my brain for geek style cartoon refrences, and there's an abysmal lack of them.

How about a character from the original Transformers: The Movie ?
Maybe you could get some help from this thread. :D

Attachments

• B00009PBFI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    B00009PBFI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 279
it's almost halloween already? man the year has gone fast! we don't really have halloween in aus, but there is some kids that do it. i give them a scare of a lifetime:D :D :D :D

When i was younger, and went trick-or-treating, i dressed up as some pretty weird things.

1) My first year my parents let me decide what i wanted to be, i went as a shingle. Yes, the things that are on the roof of a home. :D I think i was like 5 or something. What i did was took an old stocking hat and stapled 2 tar shingles to it... It worked pretty good.

2) A while after that i went as leftovers. I wrapped myself in aluminum foil... Saw it in a movie once...

3) The last year i went trick-or-treating, i dressed up as Red Green (from The Red Green Show).

as for animated charaters, one year i went as Bender from the TV show Futurama.

I like yer style Marks =>

Marks256 said:
1) My first year my parents let me decide what i wanted to be, i went as a shingle. Yes, the things that are on the roof of a home. :D I think i was like 5 or something. What i did was took an old stocking hat and stapled 2 tar shingles to it... It worked pretty good.

2) A while after that i went as leftovers. I wrapped myself in aluminum foil... Saw it in a movie once...

3) The last year i went trick-or-treating, i dressed up as Red Green (from The Red Green Show).
You are my hero.
-Omar

Do they have Halloween (hallowe'en) in the UK or Australia now? I was quite young when I left England. I just remember bonfires on Guy Fawkes Day.

Yes, we do have Halloween in the UK.

How old were you when you left?

Where abouts did you live in the UK?

Do you have a UK or Canadian accent?

Hero999 said:
Yes, we do have Halloween in the UK.

For how long?

How old were you when you left?

Almost eight.

Where abouts did you live in the UK?

Born in Highworth outside Swindon. Spent time in St. George's Hill in Weybridge and early school years in Coulston.

Do you have a UK or Canadian accent?

Western Canadian, sounds identical to Northern Californian where I recently worked for 5 years. It's funny, I got made for being a non-American by an offshore International Rectifier applications engineer for pronouncing IRFZ44 with a "zed" instead of "Zee". :) I think she was on the phone in India or Pakistan.

Last edited:
Marks256 said:
When i was younger, and went trick-or-treating, i dressed up as some pretty weird things.
My parents were really into helping us make our own costumes when my sister and I were kids. Best one was probably a Jawa, which for a little kid is pretty easy to do - once you've got the hooded outfit sewn up, two battery powered LEDs on an old pair of glasses hooked up to a thumb switch and you're good to go (looks great in the dark). Sadly, it might be too topical to pull off nowadays (plus I'm 6'1", 230lbs!).

Another favourite of mine was going out as a robot: cardboard boxes and silver paint, painted dryer duct arms and legs, grey snow gloves (or mittens look cool too, for a robot). Oh yeah, and LEDs for eyes or whatnot.

Hank Fletcher said:
My parents were really into helping us make our own costumes when my sister and I were kids. Best one was probably a Jawa, which for a little kid is pretty easy to do - once you've got the hooded outfit sewn up, two battery powered LEDs on an old pair of glasses hooked up to a thumb switch and you're good to go (looks great in the dark). Sadly, it might be too topical to pull off nowadays (plus I'm 6'1", 230lbs!).

Another favourite of mine was going out as a robot: cardboard boxes and silver paint, painted dryer duct arms and legs, grey snow gloves (or mittens look cool too, for a robot). Oh yeah, and LEDs for eyes or whatnot.

Yeah, i always liked making my own. I never did like "following the crowd". Conformity is for people who are scared to let their minds wander. I think i did buy a costume once, in second grade (firefighter?) i don't remember... But, after that i made my own costumes. ;)

Yeah, please don't show up looking like this pathetic fool:

**broken link removed**

HiTech said:
Yeah, please don't show up looking like this pathetic fool:

LOL HiTech!!!!:eek:

What... what? you don't think that guy makes a good tron character? Didn't they all have beer guts in the movie? :D

The least he could have done is wear a girdle. Good costume though. I go the other way though, I'm just shy of emaciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back