Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help about electromagnetcic waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
dknguyen said:
You mean like a solar panel for power or an antenna for information?
i need the one like a solar panel which can trap enegry and can convert it into current, but i want to avoid fuel cells

Well then... a solar panel is what you need. What does a fuel cell have to do with anything?

How much power do you need? You might be dissapointed...

dknguyen said:
Well then... a solar panel is what you need. What does a fuel cell have to do with anything?

How much power do you need? You might be dissapointed...
can we use a solar panel.as far av i know solar apnel can trap only UV radiation from sun.then how can v use it.correct me if i am wrong.
i need a power upto 50watts. is it possible??
i have no much idea on how much power can be converted effetctively

You need a REALLY big sonar panel (like several feet x several feet). Solar panels of different kinds can capture different energy types...expensive and mostly in research labs where they layer different solar panels so they can absorb different wavelengths

Not cheap...you would need to get maybe a few 20W or something and put them in parallel to get your current (or series for voltage).

Example of solar panels (click on the different types to get an idea for the price).
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
You need a REALLY big sonar panel (like several feet x several feet). Solar panels of different kinds can capture different energy types...expensive and mostly in research labs where they layer different solar panels so they can absorb different wavelengths

Not cheap...you would need to get maybe a few 20W or something and put them in parallel to get your current (or series for voltage).

Example of solar panels (click on the different types to get an idea for the price).
**broken link removed**
thanks a lot. i think i have to drop down my idea after eeing the cost of them. can u suggest me a method for transmittin current with out the help of wires

akg said:
solar panels have very low efficiency .
what do u excatly want?
i need a method to transmit current with out the help of wires.

its cool that i found an other indian.i am also an indian

srimannarayanakarthik said:
i need a method to transmit current with out the help of wires.
feasibility depends on how much power u need to Xmit .
very small power are may be possible .
its cool that i found an other indian.i am also an indian
well.. then pls update the location in profile

srimannarayanakarthik said:
hi
can any1 suggest me a method of converting a electromagnetic wave into another form of energy or bacically in current

You are describing a receiving coil. It converts magnetic field energy back into electric current. i.e. a transformer.

Analog said:
You are describing a receiving coil. It converts magnetic field energy back into electric current. i.e. a transformer.

i need a method for long range transimission....not the 1 like transformer..

We had a thread on this topic a couple of months ago.
Transmitting large amounts of power by means of electromagnetic fields and without using wires does not work.
End of story.

JimB

JimB said:
We had a thread on this topic a couple of months ago.
Transmitting large amounts of power by means of electromagnetic fields and without using wires does not work.
End of story.

JimB
is there any other method other than by electromagnetic waves for long range current transmission without wires

For transmitting information- pulse lasers and radio waves, antennas, that kind of stuff.

For transmitting power, there is no efficient way. Solar panels are pretty much the only way, and even then it's so inefficient they are only used to get solar power from the sun's EMR. No one blasts a laser at a solar panel to transmit power. We use cables. They work much better.

If we were able to efficiently transmit power wirelessly, we would probably have solar collection satellites beaming energy down to earth or recharge rovers on mars with beams or something.

What are you trying to do?

dknguyen said:
For transmitting information- pulse lasers and radio waves, antennas, that kind of stuff.

For transmitting power, there is no efficient way. Solar panels are pretty much the only way, and even then it's so inefficient they are only used to get solar power from the sun's EMR. No one blasts a laser at a solar panel to transmit power. We use cables. They work much better.

If we were able to efficiently transmit power wirelessly, we would probably have solar collection satellites beaming energy down to earth or recharge rovers on mars with beams or something.

What are you trying to do?
actually i was thinking abt that only.i was thinkin a method for by which we can tramit current from one continent to another continent.actually it may not be possible for to lay cables under oceans.so only

If it was easy to do it would have be done already. After all, it's been done with information. If it were that easy to do with power, we would have already done it. The cost of laying cables under the ocean is much less than the cost of transmitting with only a few percent efficiency continuously for the lifetime of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back