Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help (coin trigered motor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

primrey

I need someone to make me a diagram of an easy to make coin trigered motor.
If you can help i will appreciate it.

I need someone to make me a diagram of an easy to make coin trigered motor.
If you can help i will appreciate it.

hi,
The most simple way is to use a sensitive lever type micro switch in the coin slot.
Connect the motor via the micro switch contacts and power supply

Ok i found one but can you draw a diagram and tell me what pieces i will need buy cuz im stuck.

hi,
Do you want the motor to run while the micro switch is operated by the coin or continue running after the coin is detected.?

Is it going to be battery powered.?

Is the coin going to stay at the switch to activate it or just pass by it?

yeah i want the motor to do 4 rotations then on a btton click it goes back up
The coin goes back up?
Please explan in more detail.
Andy

Basicly you put a coin in it activates thee notor to turn 4 rotations then when he motor is at the bottom it stops,
after that you need to press the wind up button and the motor will do 4 rotations upwards

Basicly you put a coin in it activates thee notor to turn 4 rotations then when he motor is at the bottom it stops,
after that you need to press the wind up button and the motor will do 4 rotations upwards
How are you getting up and down with a motor that has a rotating drive shaft?

Yes that is the bison tube,
the motor rotates down so you can get the small prize inside all i need is some sort of timer for 4 rotations or something

Can you put limit switchs on the top and bottom?

Yes; you'll want either mechanical limit switches as suggested, or some way of sensing when the motor reaches its limit, like current sensing (stop when current starts going high as motor stalls). You don't want to just mindlessly count revolutions with a timer or counter, because Murphy's Law says that your count won't correspond to physical reality. You need mechanical feedback, since it's a mechanical device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back